Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blog is Back (in Black)

What could bring me out of blogging hiatus? How about Nixon rocking the (elementary school) house? Yes, that is my cute, quiet, reserved little boy as the toe tapping lead singer. We tried to get him to head bang a little, but no luck. We think he'll be pretty awesome once he hits puberty. Geoffrey kept telling him to get his voice lower - he said "Dad, I'm 11. This is as low as it goes."

This video is of their encore (I didn't even know they had practiced more than one song). So the crowd was pretty wound up already - their first number was TNT, this is Back in Black in case you can't tell. They also performed at the end of year BBQ and they added Long Way to the Top. What a bunch of cuties!

Oh yea, so one of my summer goals is to update this baby every Sunday. My paranoia has passed and I'm not on private setting anymore, but I did have to change my address, so if you have a link, please change it to http://www.jenniferannbarber.blogspot.com/. You can always see what we've been up to on Smugmug, but I had 2 main goals for this blog - recording stuff that was important to me and keeping in touch with friends. We'll see how I do!

8 comments:

SoCalHirts said...

DUDE!
Major envy..... that rocked! Great Song. Makes me want to drop all kinds of obscenities here, but I'll refrain.
Your gonna score way more chicks than your dad!

Hirt

pepper said...

Glad to have you back.

Kimberly Harvey said...

Wow! They're good! How fun! Glad to hear from you.

Heidi Green said...

That was awesome!! I can't let my kids see that video or they'll want to come back to Trailside even more than they already do - it's been quite the issue this year :-)

Anyway, thanks for the link. I've been having so much fun reading your blog this morning. I have always admired you and your family; it's so fun to get a bigger glimpse into your lives.

Lindsy said...

Yeah! I'm glad your back! I kept checking for a new post and had given up a while ago. We love reading what funny things your family is up to, and yes I will get some new pictures up soon!

Stacey said...

Hi!! Glad to have you back!! I can't believe your little rocker...it's always the quiet ones. A while back Chandler, my really quiet one was playing a motorcross video game that had some prety hard rock in the background and I was like turn that down! He was like no way, I like this song! Funny!

Mama F said...

My friends have been giving me a hard time lately, so I just added a new post! It had been 6 m! I also have set myself a blogging goal. You should check out www.sfhs2000.blogspot.com there are links to other SFHS classes. There might be one for Geoff's.

Lindsy said...

I was just reading about the flooding in Iowa and was thinking of your family. I'm glad you ended up here! Love you all!